Carefully review and follow the in-person audition instructions below for your respective program. If you will be
auditioning via video, follow the specific video submission
All audition material (songs & monologues) must be prepared and performed in English.
- BFA Degree in Acting
- BFA Degree in Performing Arts: Acting
- BFA Degree in Performing Arts: Acting & Creative Content Development
- BA Degree in Theatre Arts, Performance
- AOS Degree in Acting
- AOS Degree in Acting for Camera
- AOS Degree in Acting for Camera to BFA
- Studio Certificate
- Studio Certificate to BFA
- Acting for Camera Certificate
- Acting for Camera Certificate to BFA
Please prepare two contrasting monologues that are each 60-90 seconds in length. Monologues should demonstrate a
connection to the character's emotional life, vocal clarity, clear physical choices, and a solid understanding
of the text.
MUSICAL THEATRE PROGRAMS:
- BFA Degree in Music Theatre
- BFA Degree in Performing Arts: Music Theatre
- BFA Degree in Performing Arts: Music Theatre & Creative Content Development
- AOS Degree in Musical Theatre
- Integrated Certificate
Please prepare 60-90 seconds (or 32 bars) of a song from Musical Theatre or Pop/Contemporary repertoire and a
60-90 second monologue. The song selection should demonstrate engaged storytelling performed with proficient
pitch, tone, diction and vocal clarity. The monologue selection should demonstrate a connection to the
character’s emotional life, clear physical choices and a solid understanding of the text.
DANCE THEATRE PROGRAMS:
- BFA Degree in Dance Theatre*
- BFA Degree in Performing Arts: Dance Theatre
- BFA Degree in Performing Arts: Dance Theatre & Creative Content Development*
- AOS Degree in Dance Theatre*
- Dance Theatre Certificate
- Dance Theatre Certificate to BFA
Audition Instructions: Please prepare 2 contrasting dance solos (each solo approx. 60 seconds in
length). Styles may include: Ballet, Contemporary Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Tap, Ballroom, Hip-hop, Theatre Dance,
World Dance, or Contemporary. Applicants may be lead through additional movement phrases provided by the AMDA
coach facilitating the audition.
*Please note that applicants interested in the BFA Dance Theatre, BFA Performing Arts:
Dance Theatre & Creative Content Development, or AOS Dance Theatre programs must
demonstrate classical or contemporary ballet technique in their audition material.
PERFORMING ARTS PROGRAM
The Performing Arts program provides training across all performing arts disciplines, allowing the student
increased flexibility in coursework choices. Students must select a preferred focus of study within the
Performing Arts program (Acting, Music Theatre or Dance Theatre) and audition using the requirements of that
Follow the requirements above for Acting, Music
Theatre, or Dance Theatre.