Experience a day in the life of an AMDA student at an Open House. Events may include demonstration classes, a tour of classroom and housing facilities and a Q&A with alumni, faculty and current students. We look forward to meeting you!
As of Jul 15: AMDA Community News: Campus Program Dates, Public Health Updates, Virtual Open HousesClick here for more information about classes, performances, auditions, and open houses.
Open House - Los Angeles, CA - May 16
This event has been canceled
Saturday, May 16, 2020
Event begins at 10:00 AM. Please arrive 30 minutes early.
Experience life at AMDA
Prospective students experience what life is like at AMDA. Here, performing isn't just a hobby, but a profession that takes commitment and focus. At the AMDA Open House, you take part in two sample classes in your desired discipline with AMDA faculty, receiving feedback similar to enrolled students. You also hear from Admissions, faculty, current students, and featured alumni working in the industry—all in all, a day not to be missed.
Recent AMDA alumni on the Q&A panel have included:
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson — "Modern Family" (ABC), Broadway: On the Town, The 25th Annual County Spelling Bee
- Chandra Lee Schwartz — Broadway: Wicked (Glinda), Gypsy (June), Hairspray (national tour)
- Krystal Joy Brown — Broadway: Big Fish, Motown The Musical, Leap of Faith
- Chryssie Whitehead — Film: Revenge of the Bridesmaids, Save the Last Dance; Broadway: A Chorus Line
- Phillip Garcia — Television: 13 national commercials, "Major Crimes" (TNT); Stage: In the Heights (LA)
- J. Elaine Marcos — 8 Broadway shows, including Annie, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, A Chorus Line
- Ray Fisher — Stage: Fetch Clay, Make Man (Off-Broadway, as Muhammad Ali); Film: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice
- Sean Samuels — Broadway: Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark, Curtains, Tarzan
- Sam Underwood — Television: "The Following" (FOX), "Homeland" (Showtime), "Dexter" (Showtime), "Zero Hour" (ABC)
- Christopher Jackson — "Bull" (CBS), Broadway: Hamilton, In the Heights
- Anthony Ramos — "Will & Grace" (NBC), Broadway: Hamilton
If this open house date doesn't work for you, see our full list of AMDA open house dates.