Once accepted to the High School Summer Conservatory, students must submit a placement video to gauge talent placement in your chosen session track. Please use the highest quality recording equipment available to you. For best results, place your recording device on a stationary object, such as a table. Please note that all videos will be used for scholarship consideration.
Students receive an acceptance decision email, which includes information on acceptance and the next steps that they must take to secure a position in the program.
IMPORTANT: Once you receive your acceptance email, please make your $250 (refundable until May 1st) deposit. This deposit secures your place in the programs. IF you have been accepted, but have not deposited, your spot in the program is NOT confirmed.
Once accepted to the High School Summer Conservatory at AMDA, students must submit a placement video to gauge talent placement in your chosen session and focus.
Instructions for what to include and how to submit the placement video can be found on the placement videos page.
Please submit placement videos within 14 days of receiving acceptance email. To request an extension, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once adjudicators review placement video submissions, any potential merit scholarship will be updated on your student portal.
After student's acceptance, the AMDA High School Summer Conservatory outreach team calls the parents of accepted students to discuss any questions or concerns they may have.
If you would like to set up an appointment for this call, please email us at email@example.com with the best day, time, and phone number to reach you.
Set up Student portal
- Open your web browser (Edge, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome) and visit portal.amda.edu
- From the Login dropdown, click Student Portal Homepage, then click Create a New Account.
- Select the button for Student ID and enter your Student's ID (provided above). **Please do not use the social security number option, as it will not allow you to log into our system.**
- Fill out the security questions ("City or Town of Birth" and "Your Mother's Maiden Name"). Our system will use these questions to verify your identity if you need to reset your password!
- Click Next and verify the Student's email address by clicking "Yes". You will need to log into that email later to click the verification link AMDA sends you after creating your username and password. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to update the email that was used on your application.
- Enter a username and password of your own choosing, then click Submit. The verification link will then be sent to the email from the previous step. Click the link in the email to bring you back to AMDA's Login form. Contact email@example.com if you do not receive the email.
- Once your account is created and verified, log into your AMDA Student Portal with your new username and password!
*Instructions are available on how to locate your account information in your student portal