Steps for Admission into the Master of Fine Arts in Writing for Theatre and Media
Completion of the AMDA Graduate Degree Application +−
Students who are qualified to apply for this program will:
- Have a passion for the arts and a strong desire to contribute to the field
- Be committed to actively supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion amongst our community and beyond
- Hold a completed undergraduate degree at time of enrollment
Statement of intent for graduate study +−
In 250 words or less, please explain your goals for engaging with the program, if admitted. Please submit your statement to email@example.com or click the button below.
Writing portfolio +−
Please submit a sample of writing materials that includes examples of original dramatic work. A minimum of two completed pieces, which could include written work from undergraduate degree or independently written pieces. Please submit your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below.
WRITING SAMPLE RESPONDING TO PROMPT +−
In 300-500 words, please respond to one of the prompts below. Please submit your writing sample to email@example.com or click the button below.
- Option 1) What is the role of the artist in society and what makes you want to be a storyteller and creator?
- Option 2) Tell us about a powerful work of theatre, film or television that has inspired you to create and describe its impact on your artistry.
- Option 3) What type of stories do you want to tell and through which artistic mediums?
Interview with an AMDA representative +−
Once you have completed your application, an AMDA representative will reach out to you by phone to discuss your interests, background, and experiences related to the focus of this program.
Reference letters +−
Three reference letters from people who have known the applicant for two years or longer, such as instructors, directors or faculty advisors, or employers (but not a friend or family member). Reference letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below and should note the relationship of the writer to the applicant.
Official transcripts +−
Please submit transcripts for completed undergraduate degree and any graduate coursework attempted or completed.
211 West 61st Street
New York, NY 10023