- Where are the High School Summer Conservatory programs held?
- Our programs are held on both AMDA campuses, in NYC and LA. Students can choose to apply for either campus, or both!
- When are the High School programs?
- Session 1: July 3-16 (NYC & LA)
- Session 2: July 17-30 (NYC & LA)
- Session 3 NYC campus only: July 31-Aug 13 (NYC only)
- Who is eligible to attend the High School Summer Conservatory?
- Our programs are open to all talented high school students completing grades 8-12 during the 2016/17 school year, aged 14-19 years old at time of enrollment.
- What is a typical day like?
- Program Calendar
- Morning classes in your chosen performing arts focus (Acting, Vocal Music or Dance) with emphasis breakout sessions in your major.
- Rehearsals for your Final Performance
- Performing Arts Experience classes, selected to compliment your background, focus and interests.
- Students enjoy free time after lunch and in the evenings. Many students choose to rehearse, visit AMDA’s incredible libraries, or relax in the dorms during free time.
- What kind of activities do students enjoy?
- There are planned field trips that could include attending a Broadway show and/or visiting tourist sites in NYC and LA. Students are not otherwise permitted to leave campus un-chaperoned.
- Will there be performances?
- Yes! Students will participate in a number of performances suited to their particular major.
- There will be a small café performance called Summer Grooves, for which students can audition. Summer Grooves provides an intimate venue for students and faculty to experience the performances of their fellow High School Summer Conservatory students.
- Each session culminates in a Final Performance that includes production elements from each major. Parents are absolutely welcome to attend the Final Performance to experience these exhilarating showcases of student talent!
- Will I have the opportunity to audition for the college?
- Yes! All eligible students who participate in the High School Summer Conservatory at AMDA will have the opportunity to audition for the college during the programs.
- Are scholarships available? Please note that this is for accepted students only.
- Partial merit-based scholarships are available on a limited basis.
- All accepted students are required to submit a placement video, so we can prepare to meet students at their respective levels. All students are considered for scholarships based on their performances in these placement videos.
- Is financial assistance available? Please note that this is for accepted students only.
- Partial, need-based financial assistance grants are available on a limited basis.
- To be considered, please complete the AMDA Summer Financial Assistance Eligibility Requirements form.
- Payment plans are available upon request.
- What security and safety precautions are taken during the program?
- In both NYC and LA, campuses are accessible only with a valid AMDA photo identification card, which High School Summer Conservatory students receive.
- Supervision is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. When students are not in class with our world-class faculty, they are supervised by members of our trained AMDA staff.
- Students leave campus only for planned and chaperoned outings, which may include going to a Broadway show or visiting NYC and LA tourist destinations.
- Where will I be living?
- In both NYC and LA, students live in safe and secure dormitories that are designated exclusively to High School Summer Conservatory students.
- Is there a meal plan?
- All students are required to purchase the meal plan, which includes three delicious and nutritious meals per day. Snacks are also provided.
- Most dietary needs can be accommodated and must be noted on your online application.
Due to the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, the Miami audition originally scheduled for this weekend has been canceled. There are two upcoming Miami audition dates: November 12th and December 11th. Book your audition today.
High School Summer Program FAQs
The performer's alternative to summer camp.
The High School Summer Conservatory offers intensive performing arts training in a college environment for high school students. Our unique program offers a transformative experience for talented high school students looking to immerse themselves in the performing arts. This summer, teens from all over the world will study, train, rehearse, perform and live on AMDA’s New York City and Los Angeles campuses. The rigorous curriculum is taught by a world-class faculty of artists who offer students professional-level training in acting, singing and dance.Apply Now