Professional, career-based Degree in Acting for Stage, Film, and Television.
- Offered on the Los Angeles Campus
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 1.5 years
- Access to a Variety of Workshop and Performance Opportunities
- Culminates in an Original Showcase Production in Los Angeles
Program Description +−
The AOS Acting Program prepares students for working in theatre, television, and film. This immersive four-term program is built upon performance-based courses in acting, voice, and movement to help actors develop a strong connected physical presence while creating characters with rich imaginative inner lives. The AOS program is enriched with various opportunities for onstage performance experience offered throughout the four terms of study. Classwork explores diverse techniques and styles as applied for use on stage and screen. Voice production and speech coursework, as well as specialized training in improvisation, stage combat, and other movement-based skill sets, provides a wide range of tools for creating three-dimensional fully realized characters. Professional preparation is further complemented by classes relating to the “Business of the Business.” These address the rigors of branding, marketing, and auditioning as students prepare to enter the world as a working actor. AOS Acting students, as part of their program completion and career launch strategy, will also perform in a special culminating showcase.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the AOS Acting program should be able to:
- Create convincing, compelling characters performed with vocal, physical, and emotional specificity.
- Demonstrate the use of objectives, obstacles, actions, subtext, and text.
- Speak in a supported manner, free of tension and appropriate to the demands of theatre, television, and film.
- Stand and move utilizing an aligned spine, free of unintended physical tension and mannerisms.
- Apply historical insight and critical analysis to the performance of texts from a variety of periods, styles, and genres.
- Demonstrate ability to positively and effectively apply acting adjustments as directed.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication, and professionalism.
- Engage in a collaborative production process.