Professional, career-based Degree in Acting for Stage, Film, and Television.
- Offered on the Los Angeles Campus
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 1.5 years
- Access to a Variety of Workshop and Performance Opportunities
- Culminates in an Original Showcase Production in Los Angeles
Program Description +−
The Associate of Occupational Studies Degree in Acting program prepares students to work in theatre, television and film. This immersive, four-semester
program offers performance-based courses in acting, voice and movement to help actors develop a strong, connected physical presence while creating characters with rich, imaginative inner lives. Class work explores varied techniques and styles as applied for use on stage and screen, professional career preparation, voice production and speech, as well as specialized training in improvisation, stage combat and other movement-based skills, for creating three-dimensional, fully realized characters. As part of their program completion and career launch strategy, students perform in a special production experience in their final semester.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the AOS Acting program should be able to:
- Identify standard practices of solo or ensemble playing in a rehearsal/performance environment.
- Compare and contrast the theories and techniques of acting from a historical perspective.
- Analyze texts and scripts as they pertain to performance.
- Demonstrate skill for technical aspects of acting, including physical, vocal, imaginative, analytical and emotional elements.
- Analyze theatre as a dynamic art form influencing society.
- Analyze theatrical periods and styles of acting, directing, playwriting and technical elements.
- Analyze the components of a theatrical production.
- Apply imagination and character analysis to identify and describe the personality and possible motivations of a given character.
- Apply the basic business procedures of an actor/singer’s profession, including auditions, résumés and professional self- promotion.