Undergraduate Degree in Acting for Stage, Film, and Television.
- Offered on the Los Angeles Campus (See Studio Certificate to BFA for NY Campus Option)
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 2.5 years
- Access to AMDA’s Mainstage Production Opportunities
- Culminates in an Original Showcase Production in Los Angeles
Program Description +−
The Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Acting program offers a wide range of performance training for stage, film and television. The intense, eight- semester curriculum combines immersive performance-based craft and technique training with well-rounded and engaging academic studies. Students are given many opportunities for onstage production and performance experience throughout the program, which includes an original Capstone Production opportunity in the final semester. Looking ahead to the competitive demands of the performing arts industry, courses in career preparation, networking, audition techniques and creating original content help prepare students for an exciting transition into their professional life.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the BFA Acting program should be able to:
- Create convincing, compelling characters performed with vocal, physical, and emotional specificity.
- Demonstrate the use of objectives, obstacles, actions, subtext, text and moment-to- moment response.
- Speak with optimum support, free of unnecessary tension and appropriate to the demands of theatre, television and film.
- Stand and move utilizing a dynamically integrated spine, free of unintended physical tension and mannerisms.
- Apply historical insight and critical analysis to the performance of texts from a variety of periods, styles and genres.
- Demonstrate ability to positively and effectively apply acting adjustments as directed.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication and professionalism.
- Engage in a collaborative production process.