Undergraduate Degree in Acting for Stage, Film, and Television.
- Offered on the Los Angeles Campus (See Studio Certificate to BFA for NY Campus Option)
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 2.5 years
- Access to AMDA’s Mainstage Production Opportunities
- Culminates in an Original Showcase Production in Los Angeles
Program Description +−
The BFA Acting Degree Program offers a wide range of performance training for stage, film, and television. The intense eight-term curriculum combines performance-based immersion in craft and technique with well-rounded and engaging academic studies. This program also provides numerous opportunities for onstage production and performance experience throughout the eight terms of study. With an eye towards the current competitive demands of the industry, courses in career preparation, networking, audition techniques, and entrepreneurship help prepare for an exciting transition into the professional performing arts industry. The final term includes an original showcase opportunity that provides a unique production experience built upon the strengths of each performer.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the BFA Acting program should be able to:
- Create convincing, compelling characters performed with vocal, physical, and emotional specificity.
- Demonstrate the use of objectives, obstacles, actions, subtext, and text.
- Speak in a supported manner, free of tension and appropriate to the demands of theatre, television, and film.
- Stand and move utilizing an aligned spine, free of unintended physical tension and mannerisms.
- Apply historical insight and critical analysis to the performance of texts from a variety of periods, styles and genres.
- Demonstrate ability to positively and effectively apply acting adjustments as directed.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication, and professionalism.
- Engage in a collaborative production process.