Undergraduate Degree in Acting for Stage, Film, and Television.
- Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2023
- Offered Fully Online, with Option to Transfer to In-Person BFA in Acting Program in Los Angeles
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 2.5 years
- Access to AMDA’s Digital Production Opportunities
- Culminates in an Original Showcase Production
Program Description +−
The Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Acting (Online) program offers a wide range of performance training for stage, film and television delivered through a digital environment. The intense eight-semester curriculum combines
immersive, performance-based acting training with well-rounded and engaging academic studies. Students in the online program have many opportunities for digital performance experiences, both inside and outside of the digital classroom. With an eye toward meeting the demands of today’s entertainment industry,
the upper semester curriculum includes in-depth career preparation, industry networking skills, audition techniques, original content creation and digital production courses to prepare graduates for an exciting transition into the professional performing arts industry.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the BFA Acting program should be able to:
- Create convincing, compelling characters performed with vocal, physical and emotional specificity.
- Demonstrate the use of objectives, obstacles, actions, subtext and text.
- Speak in a supported manner, free of tension and appropriate to the demands of theatre, television and film.
- Stand and move with an aligned spine, free of unintended physical tension and mannerisms.
- Apply historical insight and critical analysis to the performance of texts from a variety of periods, styles and genres.
- Demonstrate ability to positively and effectively apply acting adjustments as directed.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication and professionalism.
- Engage in a collaborative production process.
- Demonstrate digital literacy skills that are aligned with the needs of contemporary performing artists.
We believe the best BFA acting programs offer students a well-rounded education, that’s why our curriculum was designed to immerse students in the art form. See the course details below:
Program eligibility for AMDA’s online BFA degree programs in acting may be subject to change. See below for current requirements…
Students who live outside of the United States
All international students who live outside of the United States are eligible to apply and enroll
in our fully online Acting and Music Theatre programs.
Students who live in the United States
Students who are residents in the following states are eligible to apply and enroll in our fully
online Acting and Music Theatre programs.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia