Undergraduate Degree in Acting for Stage, Film, and Television.
- Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2024
- Offered Fully Online, with Option to Transfer to In-Person BFA in Acting Program in Los Angeles
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 2.5 years
- Asynchronous Delivery Offers Flexibility for Those in International Time Zones
- Culminates in a Digital Capstone Portfolio of Outstanding Work
- For AMDA Certificate/AOS graduates interested in the BFA Online programs, visit our Acting and Music Theatre program pages for our alumni.
Program Description +−
The Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Acting (Online) program offers a wide range of performance training for stage, film and television delivered through a digital environment. The intense eight-semester curriculum combines
immersive, performance-based acting training with well-rounded and engaging academic studies. Students in the online program have many opportunities for digital performance experiences, both inside and outside of the digital classroom. With an eye toward meeting the demands of today’s entertainment industry,
the upper semester curriculum includes in-depth career preparation, industry networking skills, audition techniques, original content creation and digital production courses to prepare graduates for an exciting transition into the professional performing arts industry.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the BFA Acting program should be able to:
- Create convincing, compelling characters performed with vocal, physical and emotional specificity.
- Demonstrate the use of objectives, obstacles, actions, subtext and text.
- Speak in a supported manner, free of tension and appropriate to the demands of theatre, television and film.
- Stand and move with an aligned spine, free of unintended physical tension and mannerisms.
- Apply historical insight and critical analysis to the performance of texts from a variety of periods, styles and genres.
- Demonstrate ability to positively and effectively apply acting adjustments as directed.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication and professionalism.
- Engage in a collaborative production process.
- Demonstrate digital literacy skills that are aligned with the needs of contemporary performing artists.
We believe the best BFA acting programs offer students a well-rounded education, that’s why our curriculum was designed to immerse students in the art form. See the course details below:
Program eligibility for AMDA’s Online Programs may be subject to change. See AMDA’s Online Programs and State Authorization page for more information on current eligibility.
Students enrolled in the Online BFA programs are responsible for securing all technology required for their program. Students who require financial assistance to secure their technology package should contact Financial Aid.