Professional Certificate Program in Dance Theatre for Stage, Film and Television.
- Offered on the New York Campus
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 1.5 years
- Access to a Variety of Workshop and Performance Opportunities
- Culminates in an Original Showcase Production in New York City
Program Description +−
This four-semester professional program is based on the interwoven demands of dance and theatre, offering focused preparation for a career in theatrical dance performance. Building on a solid foundation of classical technique, training will continue to expand the dancer’s repertoire with a palette of disciplines relevant to today’s theatrical productions. Students grow to perform choreography with accuracy and interpretive passion within ensemble and solo contexts. In addition to dance technique courses, the Conservatory Certificate Program includes focused study
in singing, musical theatre and acting. In the final semester, coursework is focused
on industry and career preparation, including an original showcase production experience. Each showcase is crafted based on the unique and individual cast members assigned as a company. This specialized theatrical performance prepares dancers to enter the competitive performing arts industry with skill, confidence and a professional work ethic.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the Dance Theatre Certificate program should be able to:
- Use and develop collaboration by pushing forward the boundaries of dance as a contemporary art form.
- Develop a lifelong appreciation of the complexities of dance, choreographic craft and the aesthetic excellence in production.
- Demonstrate technical and artistic proficiency through successful performance in a variety of theatrical productions.
- Demonstrate sufficient development as an artist to be ready for professional employment in the field.