Professional Certificate Program in Musical Theatre, Acting, and Dance.
- Offered on the New York Campus
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 1.5 years
- Access to a Variety of Workshop and Performance Opportunities
- Culminates in an Original Showcase Production in New York City
Program Description +−
The Integrated Certificate Program provides comprehensive training in vocal technique, acting, and theatrical dance performance. This intensive four-term program develops skilled performing artists prepared for work within musical theatre performance. Students are immersed in multi-arts training from the very start of their program. A specified fixed curriculum helps develop strong foundations in a variety of musical styles, dance genres, and acting techniques. Training begins with an emphasis on each individual artist’s development while subsequent courses provide opportunities to explore duets, trios, and working in ensembles. Throughout the program, individual voice training helps support the breadth of courses provided each term. In the final term, coursework is focused on industry and career preparation, including an original showcase production experience. Each showcase is crafted based on the unique and individual cast members assigned as a company.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the Integrated Certificate program should be able to:
- Create convincing, compelling characters performed with vocal, physical, and emotional specificity.
- Perform a variety of musical styles with a synthesis of acting, singing, and movement skills.
- Present a professional audition music portfolio, containing historical and contemporary styles, and a variety of music theatre sub-genres.
- Utilize healthy vocal techniques.
- Demonstrate competency in musicianship, keyboarding, and aural skills.
- Perform harmonies based on professional ensemble work.
- Identify historical and cultural dimensions of music theatre, including the works of leading musical librettists, lyricists, and composers.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication, and professionalism.