Los Angeles Orientation
Hello Fall 2021 Los Angeles Students,
We are so excited that you’ll soon be beginning your professional training at AMDA! This Orientation page is designed to be your resource to ensure you have all the information and materials you will need to begin this term. Please read each section carefully, as you will find important details regarding registration and preparing for your classes. Welcome to the AMDA Family!
Director of Admissions
New students must secure funding or make their first scheduled payment by July 1, 2021 to secure their enrollment for Fall 2021. Students who receive their award letter after July 1, 2021 may view their payment dates in the student portal. If there are any questions regarding this information please contact your Admissions Advisor or Financial Aid Counselor.
Fall 2021 NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Incoming Student Webinar
Virtual Orientation Begins
Virtual Orientation Week 2
New Student Move In
Should you have questions about Phased Move In or Housing details, please contact LAHousing@amda.edu
Small Group Meet & Greet Events
Fall 2021 Semester begins
October 7th at 3pm PT:
Virtual Parent & Family Webinar
Orientation Schedules by Program & Semester Level
Fall 2021 Required Assessment Exams
English Assessment Exam
All Students in all programs (BFA and AOS , 1st Term and 5th Term Alumni) are required to take this exam unless English Composition transfer credit has been approved. Deadline to complete exam is September 10th, 2021.
Musicianship Assessment Exam
- This test is applicable only to [1st Term and 5th Term Certificate Alumni] students enrolling in the following programs (Deadline to complete exam is September 10th, 2021):
- BFA Music Theatre
- BFA Performing Arts/Music Theatre
- AOS Musical Theatre
AMDA Student Portal
The student portal offers students valuable information such as class schedule, grades, financial aid info, forms and documents, etc. Please sign in to review your account.
AMDA Student Portal
Parent and Family Resources
This resource section is dedicated to supporting the interests of AMDA parents and families, and to promoting a sense of community for parents and families. We consider you a part of the AMDA family too, and we are eager to answer questions and provide information as your student makes the adjustment to higher education.
We encourage parents and families to familiarize themselves with the many resources at AMDA; the departments listed below will be more than happy to assist in answering your questions.
Simple and effective ways to support your student
- Stay in touch. Even if you only touch base once a week, it will help your student to know that you are available. Listen as your student tells you about the shows and performances they are seeing, the people they are meeting, and the classes that they are enjoying. Be understanding if they don't have as much time to talk as you wish they did; they will be extremely busy with their regular courses, rehearsals, and extracurricular work.
- Be proactive. Make plans for continued physical and mental health support. Continuity of care is very important; don't wait for a concern to escalate. Be certain your student has a copy of their health insurance card and identify nearby health resources.
- Empower and support. Help foster independence by encouraging independence. If your student comes to you with a concern, help him or her solve it by asking questions that will help him or her find a solution.
Dance Class Appearance
All students should be well groomed and maintain excellent hygiene. Long hair and/or bangs should be up pulled up away from the face. Please remove all jewelry prior to the start of class.
Forms + Documents
Financial Aid Forms + Info
Student Accounts Forms
Education Department Forms + Info