Undergraduate Degree in Theatrical, Commercial, and Concert Dance.
- Offered on the Los Angeles Campus (See Dance Theatre Certificate to BFA for NY Campus Option)
- Accelerated Option Allows for Degree Completion in 2.5 years
- Access to AMDA’s Mainstage Production Opportunities
- Culminates in an Original Showcase Production
Program Description +−
The Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Dance Theatre Program is a physically rigorous course of study that prepares pre-professional dancers for career opportunities in dance companies, on Broadway and throughout the film and
television industries. A range of dance styles are explored, including Contemporary, Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Tap, Commercial Jazz and Broadway. By working with some of the industry’s most sought-after choreographers, dancers learn to blend precise technical choreography with interpretive storytelling, enhancing
their ability to meet the demands of a competitive industry. Additional courses in acting, singing, kinetic storytelling and content creation cultivate skills that broaden students’ casting and employment opportunities within the performing arts.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the BFA Dance Theatre program should be able to:
- Create compelling performance arcs demonstrating physical, vocal and emotional specificity.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in ballet, jazz, modern and a variety of movement styles and disciplines.
- Memorize and reproduce extended sequences of theatrical movement with respect to space, time, motion and energy.
- Develop and apply safe physical practices and holistic self-care.
- Apply critical and interpretive analysis related to theatre, film, performance and choreography.
- Demonstrate ability to positively and effectively apply adjustments as directed.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication and professionalism.
- Engage in a collaborative production process.