Once accepted to the High School Conservatory, students must submit demonstration materials specific to their
focus. These submissions will be used for partial, merit-based scholarship consideration, as well as give the
faculty the opportunity to evaluate each student’s unique talents in order to better prepare for individualized
All Demonstration Materials must be submitted within two weeks of receiving your acceptance email.
How To Record And Submit Demonstration Materials
Please use the highest quality recording equipment available to you. For best results, place your recording
device on a stationary object, such as a tripod or table, and record in landscape (horizontal) mode. Prior to
recording, test that you are in focus and well lit, and that your video is free from distracting background
noise. Please note: If you are submitting for Dance Theatre programs, do not tape a close-up; please have your
entire body (from head to toe) in the frame.
- ONCE YOU ARE READY TO RECORD YOUR PERFORMANCE, START YOUR RECORDING DEVICE AND STATE:
- The date you are recording your audition
- Your full name
- The city and country where you live
- The program, campus, session and discipline for which you are applying
- The titles of the pieces you will perform
- When you are finished with your audition performance, please announce that you have reached the end
of the submission, restate your name, and stop your recording device.
When your video submission is complete, upload your video to YouTube and update the privacy to UNLISTED
(click here for instructions). Do NOT set the video as Private.
- Please email your link directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with "AMDA Demonstration Video: Your name, campus,
program, session, and discipline" in the subject line. For example: "Demonstration Video: Sally Smith,
Los Angeles, High School Summer Conservatory (On Campus), Session 1, Dance".
- Please test the link before you send it. You can log out of YouTube and send the link to a second
email address you may have or to a family member
- If you have problems uploading your Unlisted video to YouTube, please go to here for help,
or contact AMDA's High School Conservatory Office Directly at email@example.com
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SCREENWRITING MATERIALS
Please upload all screenwriting demonstration materials using the button below:
Submit My Screenwriting