Request Information Apply Now
Apply Now
Menu Menu

High School Conservatory International Students

We welcome International Students to our programs and the diversity it brings! Non-US citizens should enter the US with a tourist visa or visa waiver to attend AMDA’s High School Conservatory On Campus programs. The programs are classified as recreational in nature and not academic, so student visas are not required. Please see the details below regarding how to apply for the Visa Waiver Program or obtain a tourist visa.

International students are welcome to join us for the Online programs without needing to go through the visa waiver program. Please ask us about time zones in order to make sure the Online programs will accommodate your schedule.

Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) permits entry into the US for up to 90 days without a visa for citizens of the following countries:

  • Andorra
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Korea, Republic of
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom**

**To be eligible to travel under the Visa Waiver Program, British citizens must have the unrestricted right of permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man.

Each Traveler Must have authorization under ESTA: In order to travel without a visa on the VWP, you must have authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding a U.S. bound air or sea carrier. ESTA is the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) automated web-based system to determine eligibility to travel without a visa to the United States for tourism or business. Visit the ESTA webpage on the CBP website for more detailed information, to apply for ESTA, and pay the fee.

Canadian citizens

Canadian citizens are welcome to participate in AMDA's High School Conservatory, but should be sure to bring a copy of their acceptance email with them to the airport.

Additional Countries

If you are an international student from a country other than those listed above, you may need to obtain a tourist visa. To learn more about obtaining a tourist visa, please click the button below.

Tourist Visa Information

Students who are from a country where tourist visas are not easily obtainable can contact AMDA to provide a letter to you for the US embassy.

Please Note: Non-US citizen participants in AMDA's program are responsible for their own legal entry into the United States. Acceptance into the AMDA High School program does not guarantee entry into the United States as each participant must obtain permission under the Electronic System for Travel Authorization or hold a valid tourist visa to enter the United States. AMDA assumes no responsibility for non-US citizen participants' travel into the United States and it is ultimately up to US Customs and Border Patrol to allow entry to the United States.