AMDA Alumni in Upcoming TV Shows!
AMDA Celebrates Our Alumni in New and Upcoming TV Shows: Bailey Buntain, Tanya Memme, Lee Tergesen, Natalie Zea and Jake Speck!
Bailey Buntain stars as Ginny in the new ABC Family series “Bunheads” with Tony Award-winner Sutton Foster (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes).
- Premieres on Monday, June 11 at 9 pm PST.
- Bailey plays Ginny, one of the aspiring dancers on the show; she is one of four main co-stars.
- There has been an incredible amount of buzz surrounding the show, including a recent feature with Bailey on Teen.com.
- About the series: "Bunheads" centers around Vegas showgirl named Michelle (Sutton Foster) who moves to her husband’s small town after marrying him on a whim. She soon starts working at her mother-in-law’s dance school and meets four girls — Melanie, Ginny, Bettina “Boo”, and Sasha — who eat, sleep, and breathe ballet.
Tanya Memme hosts the upcoming “Sell This House Extreme” on A&E, debuting on July 7, 2012.
- She has previously hosted the show “Sell This House” and recently appeared as a guest on “The Talk” on CBS.
- Tanya was recently featured on the cover of Aspe magazine.
- About the series: A&E’s long running hit series “Sell This House” returns as “Sell This House: Extreme.” Host Tanya Memme teams up with construction expert Charlie Frattini join forces with new designer Daniel Kucan to create a triple tiered approach to extreme renovation and home staging in an effort to help desperate homeowners prepare their difficult-to-sell spaces for today's tough real estate market.
Lee Tergesen stars as Mike Tomlin in the upcoming drama “Red Widow,” premiering this fall on ABC.
- Lee also plays Kirby on Showtime’s “The Big C” and Russ Landry on “The River” on ABC.
- A working actor in TV, Film and on stage, Lee is perhaps best known for his leading role as Tobias Beecher on HBO’s groundbreaking series “Oz”.
- Lee can be seen in the current feature film Red Tails and his recent TV credits include recurring roles on “Desperate Housewives”, and “Army Wives”.
- Lee is currently on stage in New York in the critically acclaimed off-Broadway production of Rapture, Blister, Burn, co-starring Amy Brenneman.
- About the series: How far would you go to keep your children safe? From Melissa Rosenberg (writer of the Twilight franchise), comes a riveting new drama about one woman's dangerous journey into the world of organized crime, all in the name of keeping her family safe.
Natalie Zea stars alongside Kevin Bacon as Claire Mathews in the upcoming Fox thriller “The Following.” Coming this fall.
- Natalie currently stars as Winona Hawkins in “Justified” on FX and Carrie on Showtime’s hit series “Californication”.
- No stranger to television, some of Natalie’s more recognizable roles include Karen Darling on ABC’s “Dirty, Sexy, Money” and Gwen Hotchkiss on the NBC daytime soap “Passions”, along with recurring roles on “The Shield” and “Hung”.
- About the series: The FBI estimates there are currently over 300 active serial killers in the United States. What would happen if these killers had a way of communicating and connecting with each other? What if they were able to work together and form alliances across the country? What if one brilliant psychotic serial killer was able to bring them all together and activate a following? Welcome to THE FOLLOWING, the terrifying new thriller from creator/executive producer Kevin Williamson (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Dawson's Creek,” the Scream movie franchise).When notorious serial killer JOE CARROLL (James Purefoy, “Rome”) escapes from death row and embarks on a new killing spree, the FBI calls former agent RYAN HARDY (Emmy-nominated actor Kevin Bacon, "X-Men: First Class," "Frost/Nixon") to consult on the case. The FBI's investigation leads Hardy to CLAIRE MATTHEWS (Natalie Zea, "Justified"), Carroll's ex-wife and mother of the criminal's 10-year-old son, JOEY (newcomer Kyle Catlett).
Jake Speck plays Steve, a record industry executive, in the pilot episode of “Nashville” on ABC.
- Jake has a long list of theatre credits, and most recently starred on Broadway and the National Tour of Jersey Boys.
- Jake recently moved back to his hometown of Nashville and is currently the President and Managing Director at Studio Tenn Theatre company.
- About the series: A legendary queen of country music struggles to maintain her place in the spotlight while dealing with an ambitious rising pop-country vixen who wants to knock her off the throne. From executive producer Callie Khouri (writer of Thelma & Louise) comes this contemporary drama about love, power, money, family and music.
Alumni continuing in hit TV shows include:
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson in “Modern Family”
- Gretchen Mol in “Boardwalk Empire”
- Natalie Hall in “Pretty Little Liars”
- Stephen Kramer Glickman in “Big Time Rush”