AMDA LA: Alumni Workshop on April 12, 2014
AMDA LA: ALUMNI WORKSHOP
April 12, 2014
Join us for a day of classes created specifically for our AMDA alumni, an opportunity to brush up on your skills and network with your fellow AMDA graduates.
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- 9:30am: Check-in
- 10:00am - 12:00pm: Session 1
- 12:00pm - 1:15pm: Alumni Lunch Mixer hosted by alumna Meredith Patterson (42nd Street, White Christmas on Broadway)
Lunch from Village Pizza will be provided by AMDA.
- 1:15pm - 3:15pm: Session 2
AMDA LA, 6305 Yucca St., Los Angeles, CA 90028
1. Stephen Kramer Glickman: Comedy/Improv Workshop
Choose one session: 10:00am or 1:15pm.
This class will will guide you through techniques of using comedy/improv to enhance your career, covering various aspects of the art form including improv games, improv within a script, comedy movement, scene work, character comedy vocal choices, using comedy improv for corporate gigs and more. Topics will include how to get an agent, what words are funny, and where you may further your explorations in the Comedy/Improv field. All materials will be supplied.
Actor/Comedian and AMDA alumnus Stephen Kramer Glickman is currently acting on "Workaholics" on Comedy Central but is best known for his role as Gustavo Rocque from Nickelodeon's "Big Time Rush." He has performed improv comedy on Univision, MTV and on Jeffery Ross's Comedy Central Special "Live from New Jersey." Stephen Kramer Glickman is also an audition coach for the Juilliard School in NYC and UCLA in Los Angeles.
2. Eve Gordon: Monologue Audition Workshop
Choose one session: 10:00am or 1:15pm
Every audition begins before you walk in the room. You need confidence and self-awareness without self-consciousness. This workshop will focus on your acting and presentation. Bring a two-minute monologue that is ready for coaching and dress for an audition.
Eve Gordon has acted in countless plays since graduating from the Brown and the Yale School of Drama, and has acted in dozens of films, TV shows, and webseries, from the mom in "Honey We Shrunk Ourselves" to appearances on such series as "Supernatural", "American Horror Story", "Mad Men" and "Don't Trust the B in Apt 23."
3. Chandra Lee Schwartz: Musical Theatre Audition Workshop
Choose one session: 10:00am or 1:15pm
This is a musical theatre workshop that will help performers find joy in auditioning with a 16 bar cut. We will explore what makes each performer special and find fun ways of weaving that into audition material. We will work on essence, audition song/cut, acting a song, being in the room and type.
Please come audition ready (warmed up) with headshot and resume. Bring an audition cut of a song (32 bars or approximately 90 seconds).
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Alumna and faculty Chandra Lee Schwartz made her Broadway splash taking over the role of Glinda in Wicked, after playing the popular blonde witch in the Wicked first national tour. Additional credits include Agnes in Gypsy on Broadway, Penny Pingleton in Hairspray in Las Vegas and on tour, and the histrionic drama queen Sharpay in the national tour of High School Musical. She recently originated the role of Annie in the new musical adaptation of Sleepless In Seattle at the Pasadena Playhouse.
- Space is limited. Please reserve only if you are positive that you will attend.
- Please be sure to cancel if your schedule changes so that other alumni can attend.
- The workshops will be open to all, however, depending on time and class structure a limited number of students may be able to sing, perform on camera, etc. This will be at the discretion of the teacher.
- We hope that you will come meet your fellow alumni for a day at AMDA. The aim of our Workshop Day is to offer you a fun opportunity to hone your skills and network with fellow alumni. We have many NY transplants who would like to meet their fellow LA alumni and vice versa.
Free to AMDA alumni with an alumni ID card
- Email your RSVP by filling out the form below with your class choices, and alternate choices
- Include "AMDA LA Alumni Workshop" in the subject line
- Email your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or updates, please send your email to: Annissa Mason, Alumni Relations email@example.com
Please select a top pick and an alternate selection for each session from the list above. Availability is first come, first served. You will receive an email confirmation verifying which classes you're in for each session. Classes will be confirmed on Monday, April 7.
Graduation year and campus:
Session 1: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Session 2: 1:15pm - 3:00pm
Will you be attending the Alumni Lunch Mixer?