Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2024
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting (Online) - Cert/AOS Alumni
Program Description +−
The Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Acting (Online) program for AMDA Certificate/AOS graduates offers a wide range of performance training for stage, film and television delivered through a digital environment. Building upon the student's previous college and professional experience, AMDA's advanced semester curriculum combines immersive, performance-based actor training with well-rounded and engaging digital production labs and academic studies. Students in the 5th through 8th semester online program have the enormous benefit of being able to complete their BFA degree within an asynchronous structure which allows them the maximum amount of flexibility in time and location. There are countless opportunities for digital performance and production experiences, both inside and outside of the digital classroom; all leading toward the composition of a fully professional digital portfolio of the student's work. With an eye toward meeting the demands of today’s entertainment industry, both as performer and creative digital artist, the semester curriculum includes in-depth career preparation, industry networking skills, audition techniques, original content creation, and digital production courses which will prepare graduates for an exciting transition into the professional performing arts industry.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the BFA Acting program should be able to:
- Create convincing, compelling characters performed with vocal, physical and emotional specificity.
- Demonstrate the use of objectives, obstacles, actions, subtext and text.
- Speak in a supported manner, free of tension and appropriate to the demands of theatre, television and film.
- Stand and move with an aligned spine, free of unintended physical tension and mannerisms.
- Apply historical insight and critical analysis to the performance of texts from a variety of periods, styles and genres.
- Demonstrate ability to positively and effectively apply acting adjustments as directed.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication and professionalism.
- Engage in a collaborative production process.
- Demonstrate digital literacy skills that are aligned with the needs of contemporary performing artists.
We believe the best BFA acting programs offer students a well-rounded education, that’s why our curriculum was designed to immerse students in the art form. See the course details below:
Program eligibility for AMDA’s Online Programs may be subject to change. See AMDA’s Online Programs and State Authorization page for more information on current eligibility.
Students enrolled in the Online BFA programs are responsible for securing all technology required for their program. Students who require financial assistance to secure their technology package should contact Financial Aid.
Admission Requirements +−
Please complete the application below.Apply Now