Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2024
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Music Theatre (Online) - Cert/AOS Alumni
Program Description +−
The Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Music Theatre (Online) program for AMDA Certificate/AOS graduates offers advanced-level training that builds upon a strong foundational skill set. This immersive, asynchronous online program provides the tools necessary for a career in contemporary musical performance. AMDA’s clearly defined approach to vocal performance encourages a genuine union of music and lyrics that students can apply to a variety of genres such as classical, contemporary, jazz, blues, pop, etc. The upper-level curriculum offers students individual voice instruction, a broad range of music theatre character work, and a robust platform of industry-related audition, callback, and dance audition courses, all leading to a professional performance portfolio and AMDA’s BFA Music Theatre degree. Companion courses in commercial music recording, digital production, and original content creation provide additional skills necessary for creating transcendent performances on stage, screen and in the recording studio.
Program Learning Outcomes +−
Students completing the BFA Music Theatre program should be able to:
- Create convincing, compelling characters performed with vocal, physical and emotional specificity.
- Perform a variety of musical styles with a synthesis of acting, singing and movement skills.
- Present a professional audition music portfolio, containing historical and contemporary styles and a variety of musical theatre subgenres.
- Use healthy vocal techniques.
- Demonstrate competency in musicianship, keyboarding and aural skills.
- Perform harmonies based on professional ensemble work.
- Identify historical and cultural dimensions of musical theatre, including the works of leading musical librettists, lyricists and composers.
- Apply standard entertainment industry business practices regarding preparation, communication and professionalism.
- Demonstrate digital literacy skills that are aligned with the needs of contemporary performing artists.
We believe the best BFA music theatre programs offer students a well-rounded education, that’s why our curriculum was designed to immerse students in the art form. See the course details below:
Program eligibility for AMDA’s Online Programs may be subject to change. See AMDA’s Online Programs and State Authorization page for more information on current eligibility.
Students enrolled in the Online BFA programs are responsible for securing all technology required for their program. Students who require financial assistance to secure their technology package should contact Financial Aid.
Admission Requirements +−
Please complete the application below.Apply Now