AMDA Student Parking Regulations & Guidelines
The registration and operation of motor vehicles in all AMDA-controlled parking lots are to be considered a privilege and not a right of individuals. AMDA reserves the right to deny or revoke such privileges at any time to any and all persons who fail to adhere to these regulations.
AMDA Parking Registration
AMDA provides parking for all students with a registered vehicle on a first come, first served basis. Students who reside in AMDA housing may be provided on-campus parking in designated student parking lots provided space is available. Students who commute may be provided off-campus parking at local lots near campus. Students must submit a parking registration form with payment to secure parking each term.
Parking decals are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking fees must be paid in full before a parking decal is issued. Parking decals must be displayed in the vehicle's windshield while parked on AMDA-controlled parking lots. Vehicles without a valid parking decal will not be permitted to park, and may be ned or towed at vehicle owner's expense. Parking decals will be distributed to new students during Orientation and continuing students during the 1st week of the term.
Commuter Parking Lot
- AMDA currently utilizes space at the Coast (Avalon) Parking Lot for commuter students. In addition to the AMDA parking decal, commuters will be issued a monthly tag by Coast Parking, the company that owns the commuter lot; students must pick up the tag from Tower Reception at the start of each month. If a Coast Parking tag is lost or stolen, the replacement charge is $120.00. If your tag is lost or stolen, go to Student Services to pay the replacement charge, and then bring your receipt to Reception to pick up the replacement tag. Please also be aware of the following regulations currently in effect at the commuter parking lot:
- Parking can occur between the hours of 7 am – 7 pm, M – F. There is not to be any overnight or weekend parking.
- Cars staying after 7 pm may be subject to additional charges/fines, and/or towed at the lot owner's discretion.
- After 6 pm, any commuter who needs to park on campus may do so on a first come, rst served basis, by signing in with the guard at the main gate and leaving their driver's license with the guard on duty. Commuters must remove their vehicles from campus by 7 am the next morning. Cars found after 7 am at the Tower lot may be towed or fined.
Parking Violations Which May Result in Fines or Towing
- Parking in staff or faculty parking lots.
- Vehicles improperly displaying parking decals or not displaying a valid parking decal.
- Commuter/off-campus students parking after hours at the avalon lot or overnight on campus.
- Selling, leasing, and sharing parking decals.
- Double parking.
- Parking in such a manner that limits or compromises the use of neighboring parking spaces.
- Fraudulent/unauthorized use of parking decals.
- Unauthorized use of handicap parking
Lost / Stolen Amda Parking Decals
Lost or stolen AMDA parking decals (excluding commuter parking tags) will be replaced for a $10 fee. All lost or stolen parking decals are to be reported to the Student Services Department on the 4th Floor.
Stolen / Damaged Property
AMDA is not responsible for damages to vehicles or theft of articles left in vehicles. All parked vehicles should be securely locked at all times, with valuables left out of sight. Parking at AMDA, including at any offsite lot AMDA has contracted with, is at the vehicle owner's own risk and AMDA is not responsible for theft or damages.
All vehicles must be operational, display a valid state license tag and current AMDA parking decal. At no time are vehicles to be stored on campus. AMDA reserves the right to ne or tow vehicles that are in violation of any of our parking guidelines. A fine of $50 will be assessed if a car is illegally parked. Before towing, a reasonable attempt will be made to contact the vehicle's owner. Once a tow truck is called, the owner is responsible for all costs incurred, including storage. AMDA is not responsible for the payment of any city or state issued parking tickets or for any tow fees.
Parking During Events
At points during the term, students may be asked to park somewhere other than their designated lot due to an event on campus. A location will be provided by the College. Failure to comply may result in fines and/or towing.
Students are required to notify the Parking Department at firstname.lastname@example.org if their housing or vehicle information changes throughout the term or if they ever encounter difficulties parking in an AMDA lot. In addition to notifying the Parking Department, students may inform the guard on duty if they experience any difficulties parking.
Students may request in writing the cancellation of parking, which may or may not result in a refund of some or the entire parking fee. Please address written requests to the Student Services Department. Parking fees will NOT be refunded if a school disciplinary action results in the loss of parking privileges. In the event of a student withdrawal, parking refunds will be processed based on a prorated calculation and included as part of the overall refund (if applicable). For a breakdown of refunds, please see page 6 of the LA Student Handbook.