AMDA Student Parking Regulations and Guidelines
The registration and operation of motor vehicles in all AMDA-controlled parking lots are to be considered a privilege and not a right of individuals. AMDA reserves the right to deny or revoke such privileges at any time to any and all persons who fail to adhere to these regulations.
AMDA Parking Registration
AMDA provides parking for all students with a registered vehicle on a first come, first served basis. Students who reside in AMDA housing may be provided on-campus parking in designated student parking lots provided space is available. Students who commute may be provided off-campus parking at local lots near campus. Students must submit a parking registration form with payment to secure parking each term.
Parking decals are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking fees must be paid in full before a parking decal is issued. Parking decals must be displayed in the vehicle's front windshield in the bottom left-hand corner while parked on AMDA-controlled parking lots. Vehicles without a valid parking decal will not be permitted to park, and may be fined or towed at vehicle owner's expense. Parking decals will be distributed to new students during Orientation and continuing students during the 1st week of the term.
Commuter Parking Lot
AMDA currently utilizes space at the 1715 Cahuenga Parking Lot for commuter students located at 1715 N. Cahuenga Blvd. Parkers in this lot are issued an AMDA parking decal. It is very important that the AMDA decal is clearly visible in each vehicle because the Commuter Parking Lot will be audited several times a day. If for any reason during the semester you need to switch cars, make sure you transfer the decal over to the new vehicle and you alert LAParking@amda.edu.
Please note the following restrictions at the 1715 Cahuenga lot:
- Parking is available for AMDA use from 7:00am - 8:00pm Monday-Friday.
- There is an enclosed designated area strictly reserved for AMDA. In addition to the enclosed area, there are additional AMDA spaces outside of the enclosed area. Each space has a clearly indicated AMDA sign. You may only park in the AMDA enclosed area and designated AMDA spaces, otherwise you risk being fined or towed.
- The AMDA reserved area is an enclosed space and the gate will be locked at 8pm every day. If you don’t remove your car before 8pm, it will get locked in for the night and you will be charged a $220 fee.
- Neither AMDA nor the lot attendant has any control over this fee, it is imposed by lot management.
- If a student has a class conflict with this schedule, please e-mail LAParking@amda.edu.
- The parking lot has a 24/7 Service Number that you may call if assistance is needed at the lot: (818) 579-2259. We recommend Saving this number in your phone.
Students may move their vehicles onto the Tower lot beginning at 5:30pm Monday through Friday, their AMDA ID will let them in. Commuter vehicles must be removed from the Tower lot by 7:00am the next morning. Commuter vehicles found after 7:00am at the Tower lot may be towed or fined.
Parking Violations Which May Result in Fines or Towing
Storing a non-operable vehicle on campus. If a vehicle becomes inoperable at any point during the semester, please e-mail LAParking@amda.edu.
- Parking in staff or faculty parking lots.
- Vehicles improperly displaying parking decals or not displaying a valid parking decal.
- Commuter/off-campus students parking after hours at the Avalon lot or overnight on campus.
- Selling, leasing, and sharing parking decals.
- Double parking.
- Parking in such a manner that limits or compromises the use of neighboring parking spaces.
- Fraudulent/unauthorized use of parking decals.
- Unauthorized use of handicap parking
Lost / Stolen AMDA Parking Decals
Lost or stolen AMDA parking decals (excluding commuter parking tags) will be replaced for a $10 fee. All lost or stolen parking decals are to be reported to LAParking@amda.edu as soon as possible.
Stolen / Damaged Property
AMDA is not responsible for damages to vehicles or theft of articles left in vehicles. All parked vehicles should be securely locked at all times, with valuables left out of sight. Parking at AMDA, including at any offsite lot AMDA has contracted with, is at the vehicle owner's own risk and AMDA is not responsible for theft or damages.
All vehicles must be operational, display a valid state license tag and current AMDA parking decal. At no time are vehicles to be stored on campus. AMDA reserves the right to fine or tow vehicles that are in violation of any of our parking guidelines. A fine of $50 will be assessed if a car is illegally parked. Before towing, a reasonable attempt will be made to contact the vehicle's owner. Once a tow truck is called, the owner is responsible for all costs incurred, including storage. AMDA is not responsible for the payment of any city or state issued parking tickets or for any tow fees.
Parking During Events
At points during the term, students may be asked to park somewhere other than their designated lot due to an event on campus. A location will be provided by the College. Failure to comply may result in fines and/or towing.
Students are required to notify the Parking Department at email@example.com if their housing or vehicle information changes throughout the term or if they ever encounter difficulties parking in an AMDA lot. In addition to notifying the Parking Department, students may inform the guard on duty if they experience any difficulties parking.
Students may request in writing the cancellation of parking, which may or may not result in a refund of some or the entire parking fee. Please address written requests to LAParking@amda.edu. Parking fees will NOT be refunded if a school disciplinary action results in the loss of parking privileges. In the event of a student withdrawal, parking refunds will be processed based on a prorated calculation and included as part of the overall refund (if applicable). For a breakdown of refunds, please see page 6 of the LA Student Handbook.