Steps for Admission into the BA Program
Please note that applying to AMDA is a multi-step process. Be sure to follow ALL 7 steps below to ensure the submission of a successful application.
Submit Your BA Application +−To apply, you must be at least 16 years old and/or in the final two years of high school/secondary education*.
* If you are not yet 16, we would encourage you to consider attending the AMDA High School Summer Conservatory.
SUBMIT TWO PERSONAL ESSAYS +−
- Describe a challenging experience in your life and what you learned from it. (500-word minimum)
- Share an essay that you have already written for a school assignment or a creative piece that you have written on your own. We would like to see your best work, so please share a piece that you are particularly proud of. (500-word minimum)
Submit Two Letters of Recommendation +−
Please request and submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, school leaders, guidance counselors, coaches, or anyone familiar with your background and potential. Your recommendation letter must be written in English and signed and dated. To help with this process, please feel free to use AMDA's recommendation form by clicking the link below. Recommendation letters/forms may be submitted via email to email@example.com or by mailing to the address on the form.
Submit your Official Academic Records/Transcripts +−Send an official transcript from your high school and (if applicable) college. Official transcripts from every educational institution that you listed in your application must be forwarded to AMDA. Please select one of the following options for submitting your official transcripts:
If your high school or college uses the free service Parchment, please click below.
If your high school or college does not use Parchment, please send the transcript request form to your guidance counselor/transcript office and request that they send your transcript(s) to AMDA using the address on the form.
Important Note: The minimum grade point average (GPA) required for AMDA's programs is 2.0 out of 4.0 or its equivalent in other grading systems.
Phone interview with Admissions +−
This interview is an opportunity for us to get to know you, and for you to tell us about your educational background, and your interest in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts at AMDA.
We will be calling you, but if you would like to schedule an appointment for this interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the best day, time, and phone number to reach you.
Submit Two Minute Personal Video (Recommended) +−
We would be delighted to hear more about you! This should be a two minute video to tell us more about yourself. We have listed four topic suggestions as examples below. Feel free to use one or more of these, or select a topic of your choice. We highly recommend taking this opportunity to tell us more about yourself!
- What has been one of the best experiences in your life and what made it so special and valuable?
- Please describe your interest in theatre.
- In addition to theatre, please tell us about one of your other passions.
- Please tell us about a meaningful experience you have had participating in your community (school, neighborhood, local organization, etc.)
Provide SAT/ACT Scores (Optional) +−
Although not required for admission to AMDA, we welcome your SAT/ACT scores if you would like to share them with us. Scores may be mailed to:AMDA Records
211 West 61st Street
New York, NY 10023